Here are some highlights of what we've been up to and what is new ...
- We had our first post-placement visit with our social worker. We are required to have 3 visits over 6 months. The visit was great. Ruby was a star and we will have our next visits in February and May.
- Ruby is sleeping SO great in her crib now. We are at the point where we can lay her down while she is still awake and she doesn't fuss or cry. She babbles and rolls around a bit before falling asleep. She is also *usually* happy when she wakes up - more babbling and playing. Did I mention that she slept until 9am today?? LOVE her!!
- Ruby has switched to the sippy cup without any issue. I don't even think she noticed it at all, though when you are desperately signing "milk" and grunting you'd probably take it anyway you can get it! We used the born free bottles and are now using their sippy. It's a soft spout and I think that has helped with the transition. So far so good. We are giving her the cup before her naps and at bedtime. She has a different sippy with water. That one has a harder spout and she chugs that throughout the day.
- Kaneu is growing into a big boy!! He is picking out his own clothes and getting dressed completely on his own. Wow. He is pretty impressed with himself and I am too.
- My brother's wife had a baby and we now have a new little member of our family - Nevin Cooper!
Here are pictures of our holidays ...
decorating cookies for santa
fun at the children's museum
decorating cookies with cousin jordan
christmas eve service
kaneu loves his new duplo set
the kids BOTH received guitars ... santa, i think you forgot my earplugs!
gg, meme and grammy sue with the grandkids
cousins in da tub!
baby girl is not happy in this picture, but look how cute the dress is!
(and it's reversible!!)
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! Any fun plans for NYE??