Brian is home and we are LOVING having him back. There was a little bit of an adjustment for all of us to have him home. Kaneu was super excited and relieved but at the same time was really giving Brian a hard time. He's had some attitude and sassy behavior and a few meltdowns this week but I think that's all to be expected. It's Thursday and I'm already dreading Sunday because he'll be leaving again. I'm gonna *try* to enjoy the rest of the week we have together.
Here is what is new with our little girl
- new teeth - she's had 3 that have come through and 3 on the verge. That's a total of 14 teeth! This could explain the crankiness. But what's my excuse?!
- feet - have I mentioned her feet are big?? She's in big girl socks. If you don't believe me look at the photos below
- she loves to say "ugh oh" over and over and over. I think she purposely drops things just so she can use her new word in the correct context. Brilliant that girl is!
- signs - dog, bath,
- sounds - "woo woo" (woof woof) and points to our large Pug picture hanging above her high chair, she is also trying to oink like a pig - she breathes really heavily out her nose. this has been really helpful in getting her to blow her nose!!
- eating - she is regressing a little bit in this area. Perhaps because of all of the teeth? She is opting for soft and bland foods. Thus, we are eating lots of rice cereal and oatmeal.
this stick looks like fun but mom says "no touch"
I think I'll pick it up
I hear "no touch" again ... but this stick is so fun!
mommy says "good girl" because I put it down
does she really think this "blockade" will keep me from my stick?
how can you not let me get my way??
fine! I'm outta here
This is our new routine. She loves the stick. I don't let her get the stick. She gets frustrated and goes to the kitchen to play. Can you imagine what life will be like when she's a teenager??