Tuesday, 27 September 2011

lake como

Last month we traveled to Lake Como in Northern Italy. It was as I imagined it would be - heavenly. We spent a week and it was the perfect family vacation. We swam, we ate, played Uno, slept, ate some more, and then did it all again the next day. The weather was superb and the food. Oh my. I haven't edited pics from my camera yet so these are from my phone. Or maybe I have edited them but they are on my other computer. Does anyone else feel as unorganized and scatterbrained as me? Please? I can't be alone. One of these days I will figure out how to connect/network my 2 computers.













Here are some videos from our trip. The first started off with me trying to capture a beautiful wedding reception that was occurring during our lunch - the musicians were playing Bittersweet*Symphony by the Verve, one of my faves. What you'll see next is Ruby *almost* have what became a typical mealtime fit when pasta with sauce is delivered to the table. She is a strictly no-sauce girl. And then there's the end where you can see her sense of humor shine, well you'll just have to watch and see for yourself.






Our girl, dancing to Morcheeba.

And our little daredevil ... what you'll need to listen closely to is that he lost his pants after his flip.


And that about sums up our family vacay. Lots of fun in the sun. Oh how I wish we were back there now!!

20 comments:

Christine said...

I. Am. Jealous!

Looks like a fabulous (and obviously fun) time! All that sun! (We've had lots o rain here lately... blegh)

And seriously... if I got pics like that from my iphone, I'd never carry my real camera!

Amanda said...

What an amazing vacation. And those dance moves of Ruby's? Too much!

Elizabeth Frick said...

Either you have an amazing camera on your phone, or Lake Como is just that awesome :) Looks oh-so-lovely, and I wish I could tag along in your luggage.

Lyndsay said...

Dana! Fabulous pictures and such sweet and funny videos! Looks like a great time.

Krista said...

wow. wow. wow. looks amazing!

elvin said...

the beach is so beautiful, I love it. I wait your presence on my blog http://skrtu.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

oh it looks to wonderful!! I've always wanted to go to Italy but didn't think I'd get the real experience with my kids, did you find it hard to balance seeing everything and entertaining your kids?

dana said...

hi lisa! traveling with little kids is definitely not the same as it used to be and so we know we aren't going to be able to see and do everything the guidebooks suggest. we pick a few touristy things to do and the rest of the time just try to soak up the local culture - which always includes the food!

This Little Life of Mine said...

gorgeous pictures! & kids :)

mulberry said...

Looks oh-so-lovely, and I wish I could tag along in your luggage.

Ljusy said...

Wow i just coincidentally came to your blog but i love it :-) you look like a perfect happy family..and the lake...i know where im going to the next holiday :-) Good luck and enjoy your awesome family :-)

Happy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Layley xx said...

Think you know your food? Click the link and guess the food displayed...

http://guessigotya.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/guess-food.html

...to be in with the chance of getting hundreds of blog views!
Thanks :)

web design company india said...

You have an informative blog. I’ve learned something from it

pg medical in usa said...

I wouldn't blame you for wanting to stay extra time there. It's simply gorgeous!
Top Medical College in usa
pg dental in usa

md in usa

top medical university in usa

Saad ali said...

Real Estate Publicity
Multimedia Presentation
Corporate Presentation
3D Images

Real Estate Publicity
Multimedia Presentation
Corporate Presentation
3D Images

Website Designers in Kerala said...

Nice pics

ramzan said...

so nice blogger

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Deals
best deals
travel deals
Cheap Deals
laptop deals
tv deals
online deals
best buy deals
great deals
camera deals

RAMANDEEP SINGH said...

Hi.. I am a B.Tech(IT) graduate. I have worked a lot on Computer Networks. Thus I decided to develop a blog on Computer Networks, so my knowledge can help others also. Therefore I want you to visit my blog and give your precious suggestions to improve it. It will just take your 5 min. , but will help thousands of people. Thank You.
http://www.com2networks.blogspot.com